Tuesday, July 14, 2020

A Little More Set Completing

I happened to snag this on eBay:


This is a nearly complete set of attachments for the Electrolux Lux 4000 and Aerus Lux 6000*; the only missing item is the combo dusting brush and upholstery tool. I already had an electric hose, but I had been looking for the colour-matching Sidekick and baby crevice tool, so I'm happy to have these. The manual, bag order form, Clean Sweep Chips, and what I assume is the cardboard tube holder for the combo dusting brush and upholstery tool aren't too shabby in themselves. 

Except for a tiny bit of thread wrapped around the brush roll of the Sidekick, this set looks completely untouched by dirt of any kind. The electric hose I got to complement the Aerus Lux 6000 shortly after I bought it was the same. Did people ever use the attachments? After all, the electric hose and Sidekick were included with the vacuum, not separately purchased add-ons. I suppose because they weren't onboard, people tended to store them away in a closet most or all of the time. So much the better for me, I suppose.

Here are the Electrolux Lux 4000 and Aerus Lux 6000 together (again), with even more accoutrements than before. One can see the white crevice tool on the Lux 4000; the 6000 has the black one, along with its black HEPA filter. As pointed out here, black is technically a matching colour for these machines. 


As a 'by-the-way', this year (2020) is the 20th anniversary of the Lux 4000. As I said elsewhere, I wish they had kept making this style of machine, with the subsequent improvements in power they offered with their other uprights.

*I'm going to assume that the later models of the Aerus Lux 6000 (U140C, perhaps, and the U156A) eventually got an electric hose that didn't have the 'Electrolux' logo on the handle, the same, one assumes, as the cylinders that were coming out concurrently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment