Friday, June 9, 2017

It Needs Cream

I was looking at my early 88 yesterday, and realized that none or hardly any of the pictures I have of it have captured the cream-coloured trim. For whatever reason (ambient lighting, I suppose), it usually comes out white. To try to rectify this 'error', and also just for fun, I took a couple of snaps of the 88.






You can definitely see hints of the cream here, I think, although, as before, pictures simply don't do this wonderful vacuum justice. As a matter of fact, out of all the 80 series machines I own, and perhaps even out of all the other machines in my collection, this particular 88 is arguably in the best cosmetic shape. As can be seen in the pictures, there are a few blemishes, but the overall condition is amazing. This, by the way, includes the running condition. This 88 sounds softer and sweeter than any of my other 80 series machines, and runs exactly the way I can remember the various 80 series machines running when I was a kid, with the identical sound. Yes, I forget most other things about my childhood, but I can remember the way an Electrolux 80 series machine is supposed to sound.

No comments:

Post a Comment