Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Bottom of the Line, But More Than Adequate



Presenting the LE, in gray and brown, made somewhere between 1987-9 (in the US, but an Electrolux Canada model), and a companion to the System 90 and Discovery III upright (both of which I also have). I bought this from a local seller (can't remember how much, but it was cheap), and it came with the main unit, power nozzle and wand, and floor brush. The hose, combination tool, crevice tool, and plastic wands are mine.

I haven't even taken this machine apart yet, but it still goes like a charm, with tons of power and no funny noises. The body is in good shape and everything is intact. Often, with used machines, the tool clip on the filter grille of the Style C plastic models (excepting the Epic series) is cracked off, but this little LE still has it. I have several other machines where its cracked off. As with all my other vacuums, the LE gets regular use, and it performs quite well for all tasks. Being a basic machine, it didn't include the Sidekick, and doesn't shut off when the bag is full, nor does it have the "control panel" lights and adjustment dial on the top. Other than this, it shares the same body, motor, and attachments as its top of the line brother.

P.S. I have no earthly idea what "LE" stands for. I'll assume its "Limited Edition", but I may be wrong.

P.S.S. I happened on a picture of the LE which indeed confirms that "LE" = "Limited Edition". I assume this refers to its status as a standard, economy machine, and not its rarity.



No comments:

Post a Comment