Friday, May 17, 2013

6500 Reasons to Buy an Electrolux

I really had to laugh when I looked at the stats of this blog yesterday. The page views had jumped by over 2000 in a few days. Not to be negative, but I think I'll hold off on congratulating myself over being a "popular blogger", as all of this is probably fake traffic anyway.

Anyway, back to the only reason I'm blogging...Electrolux and Aerus vacuums! Presented here today is the battleship grey Epic 6500, Model C102D, which I bought a year or so ago from an older lady who was moving into an assisted living home. Vacuums owned by "persons of a certain seniority", if I can put it as nicely as possible, tend to be in excellent condition, at least cosmetically, and this one is no exception. It looked like it had rarely touched or bumped against anything in its life.

Here is a picture of the machine the day I brought it home. You can see a couple of scuffs, but nothing that a cleaning wouldn't take care of.



Here is the Epic 6500 after a full-on cleaning. Shiny!


In looking at these pictures, I realized that I confused the floor brushes on the Epic and the Renaissance. The one that came with the Epic has no openings in the front row of bristles. I assume that this is the correct floor brush, and the openings were added later.

A couple of shots of the grey and white Epic 6500s together. There aren't many differences between these two models. The white power nozzle is a little more rounded off over the motor and headlight housing, and it also has an extra row of bristles. I'm not sure if and/or when the double row of brushes became standard on the power nozzles. In addition, the white floor brush has openings in the front row of bristles, but other than these, I can't see any differences.



I can understand why they eventually renamed this model "Legacy". It is, in many ways, a continuation of the tradition of simple, easy to use, hardworking, automatic, and dependable Electrolux vacuums. In fact, there's only one thing I don't like about this vacuum, and that's the suction valve on the hose handle. It can become loose and stay open after some time, and, even when open, it doesn't really reduce the suction enough for delicate cleaning. Other than that, I think the Epics are great vacuums.


No comments:

Post a Comment