Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Two Rennies



Presenting the two Electrolux Renaissance models together. Both were on cleaning duty today, so I thought they deserved a photo shoot.

Granted that not everything in the Renaissance set is original and complete, I'm still quite happy to "have what I have". Both work perfectly well and are used regularly. For each machine, I have an original hose and power nozzle, and one set of original standard attachments (dusting brush, upholstery tool, crevice tool, and floor brush) is shared between the two. The first Renaissance needs a matching Sidekick and wands to be complete, and doesn't have its original plug, but at least the battleship grey Sidekick and wands match the trim, and the cord and plug aren't bright orange, or something like that.

The full Renaissance ensemble:


I really feel that the first Renaissance is one of the most significant models ever made by Electrolux, and, incidentally, that's why it gets so much exposure in this blog. In many ways, it's my favourite Electrolux and/or Aerus model, and if and when I come across any others for sale, I'd be happy to add them to the collection.

Upstanding:


I believe these models were produced between 1994-7, but I'm not sure. At least that's what the Aerus model chart says, but that's not always dependable. I'm also reminded that the Renaissance, along with certain other North American models (I think the Genesis LX or LXE and the Floor Pro shampooer), was sold in Europe under the brand name 'Globaltek'. How and why this happened, I'm not sure, but the machines appear to be identical in every way to the North American versions except for the brand name and voltage.

Hose handles 1 and 2. These work exactly the same, with the obvious differences. The 2nd hose is certainly more user-friendly for those who speak languages other than English.


P.S. I've heard some people nickname the Renaissance 'Renny', which, quite frankly, I don't like, but it does give an opportunity for the terrible joke in the post title.

In looking at the picture below, I wonder why the company kept the dark grey cord winder pedal and handle on the otherwise monotone grey 2nd Renaissance?

No comments:

Post a Comment