Saturday, April 13, 2013

The Renaissance Gets Hosed

As soon as I saw this, I had to have it. It's an original hose for the Renaissance C104A; not new, but in good condition. I had been contemplating getting a spare hose anyway, because the Renaissance models are unique in using the push button hose handle with different circuit board, unlike the models that followed with the slider switch handle. I have more than a few of the latter type, but only one of the former, so an extra hose was indicated.

All I need now to make this King of Electroluxes and Aeruses complete is a set of dark gray wands, and a dark gray Sidekick II. I could use an original plug as well.

One thing I've noticed about most or all of the Electrolux/Aerus vinyl hoses is that the color, other than the handle and machine end, never matches up with the machine. This one, as well, is most probably slightly discolored with age. Another point...the handle on this hose can't be detached, for whatever reason, unlike all of the other hoses I've seen.

I've also heard it said that this hose had a problematic circuit board, which could be easily shorted out if dropped and so on, but I haven't experienced this yet, and hope to never experience it. Of course, I tend to be rather careful with all my vacuums, but accidents can happen. In fact, because I put my vacuums through actual use for serious cleaning, I have bumped/dropped them numerous times. The Style R hose handle, too, being rather heavy compared to others, can easily fall on the floor when connected to the wands and power nozzle, when the assembly is left standing upright. To be honest, I rarely do this, preferring to lean it against a piece of furniture, or disconnect the hose entirely.









4 comments:

  1. I am looking to purchase an new hose/handle for my C104A - I have the circuit board issue you talked about - any suggestions where to find one?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the circuit board problem you have talked about - and now need to purchase a new handle with controls and hose. Might you know where I can find one?? My Electrolux is a Renaissance Model C104A, Serial # A92644A.
    My handle/controls looks exactly like your pics here. (glodge53@gmail.com)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too am looking for this hose. Where can I find one?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try an Aerus repair depot, but you can bet the price will be hefty. I got mine on eBay...used, but great condition. Whatever you do, don't buy one of the hoses with the slider switches; they won't work with the Renaissance. Make sure the controls look exactly like the ones in my pictures.

      Delete