Monday, April 8, 2013

A Little Light Cleaning

Presenting the Electrolux Trivac. This is an Electrolux Canada product, made somewhere in the late 1970's, and I believe this particular model was the first ever made. It carries the same colors as the AP200 cylinder, which I also have. In fact, if memory serves, I got the Trivac and the AP200 at the same time, from a fellow collector.

The Trivac is, I suppose, either an electric broom or stick vac, whichever you choose to call it, and it works just fine for lightweight cleaning, especially on bare surfaces. It is a bagged machine, and I was surprised to find that Aerus (at least my local outlet) still makes and sells bags for it, but it could be used without one, technically, since it employs a 'through-fan' design (i.e. the dirt passes through the fan first and gets blown into the bag).

The Trivac is not by any means a powerhouse of cleaning perfection, but it does, as I said, do an adequate job on lightweight pickups, and, of course, you have to appreciate its retro 70's yellow colouring and style, with wood grain accents.

The handle is detachable, so it could be used as a hand vac (although this would be a little awkward). Any of the standard Electrolux attachments would fit it. I use this little old fellow on a fairly regular basis for quick and lightweight cleaning.

I believe they stopped producing the Trivac in the mid '80's. There was, to the best of my knowledge, a Trivac to match each of the following models: AP200, AP280, E2000, and 2100.











No comments:

Post a Comment