Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Don't worry, I didn't vacuum the driveway with it!

It's not uncommon, when looking at pictures of vacuums for sale online, to see said vacuums posed dramatically in all manner of outdoor positions: in the driveway, on the patio, or even on the lawn.

Well, even though my trusty old Guardian isn't for sale, I thought I could make a contribution to the world of outdoor cleaning appliance photography. It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm, so I thought I'd bust out the Guardian and vacuum the car. This explains the missing HEPA filter; there's no need to purify the air outdoors, so I sometimes remove the filter when I'm vacuuming the car. One drawback: the HEPA filter-equipped models are incredibly loud when run without a filter, but for the time it takes to vacuum the car, it isn't a huge drawback.

The Sidekick isn't pictured here, but its an absolutely indispensable attachment for car cleaning, at least for me. Straight suction on carpets and seats doesn't cut it for me, unless I happen to vacuum the car again very shortly after having done so.



No comments:

Post a Comment